Need fresh thinking? Help is a few keystrokes away.
LAVIDGE Secures National, Local, Media Coverage for CONVERGE
Media take note of debut tech summit at the WM Phoenix Open
PHOENIX (March 9, 2020) - invisionAZ’s debut CONVERGE Tech Summit at the Waste Management Phoenix Open attracted extensive media coverage, thanks to LAVIDGE.
Jessica Pridonoff, account supervisor, public relations, pitched local and national media representatives. Her efforts paid off with 1.2 billion media impressions valued at $1.2 million.
A mix of print, online and social media coverage of the tech summit hosted Jan. 29 called attention to the growing technology industry in Arizona. Press releases and original news stories facilitated by LAVIDGE were published by Arizona Daily Star’s Tucson.com, Bloomberg, Bloomberg Environment, Yahoo! News, Phoenix Business Journal and AZ Big Media.
On-air radio personality Larry Gaydos of Gaydos in the Afternoon on KTAR News, 92.3 FM, mentioned CONVERGE hourly throughout the afternoon. KTAR Reality Check with Darin Damme wrapped things up at 6 p.m. with a shout-out during his show.
“Press coverage LAVIDGE secured for our event, both before and after, was great,” said Mara Pernick, Executive Director of invisionAZ. “It was a wonderful opportunity to see LAVIDGE's ability to get coverage for their clients.”
In addition, LAVIDGE Senior Content Developer/Writer RuthAnn Hogue contributed a full-page article toWaste Management Phoenix Open magazine featuring CONVERGE sponsors, panelists and guest speakers.
The lineup was impressive:
- David Lee, Angel Investor; Named to Forbes Magazine’s “Midas List” 2014 and 2015
- Jay Kahn, Partner, Light Street Capital
- Jack Selby, Thiel Capital
Additional notable panelists included:
- The Honorable Doug Ducey, Governor, state of Arizona
- Michael Bidwill, Chairman and President, Arizona Cardinals
- Jeff Guldner, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and Arizona Public Service Company
- Dr. Robert C. Robbins, President, University of Arizona
- Sandra Watson, President and CEO, Arizona Commerce Authority
- Chris Camacho, President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- Brian Bair, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Offerpad
- Jerry Coleman, Founder, Offerpad and serial entrepreneur
- Ernie Garcia, Founder and CEO, Carvana
- Rick Smith, CEO, AXON (formerly TASER)
Pernick noted that the reach of the CONVERGE Tech summit exceeded expectations, as invasionAZ continues to see exciting outcomes from the Summit. And, by all accounts, the event was a clear success for attendees and Arizona, alike.
LAVIDGE impact extends beyond event promotion
There’s more to the story, however, than LAVIDGE successfully securing press coverage for CONVERGE.
LAVIDGE worked hard behind the scenes to bring the CONVERGE Tech Summit to the public, long before the first news headline hit the press. LAVIDGE President and CEO Bill Lavidge, a longtime member of the Phoenix Thunderbirds, spent months working with Pernick, along with invisionAZ CEO John Ragan ironing out event details. Kylie Lavidge, Senior Marketing Account Executive, also worked with them to bring the event to life.
“Working with Bill and Kylie was an absolute dream, phenomenal and a true highlight,” Pernick said.
Read the press releases: