Senior Data Analyst
Do you love marketing and math? Do you dream about better ways of bringing insights to life through reporting and visualization? Have you always wondered if marketing works? Have you hit the limits of spreadsheets and moved to databases and big data sources for analysis? Have you written your own complex VBA macros to make Microsoft Excel work for you? Then you might be our next Senior Data Analyst.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to implement and deliver business intelligence solutions including visual analytics, dashboards, segmentation, reporting and analysis as needed for campaigns across multiple channels and tactics for Agency clients. Typical analysis will include large amounts of data from a variety of disparate data sources and systems.
- Setup and configuration of third-party analytics tools for tracking and reporting.
- Build, optimize and maintain databases and spreadsheets for reporting.
- Compile and deliver accurate, up-to-date campaign performance scorecards.
- Analyze data from multiple sources to generate insights for campaign optimizations.
- Generate data visualizations for easier consumption of actionable metrics.
- Perform segmentation analysis to create customer profiles and models.
- Work closely with digital strategists, interactive media planners and buyers, search analysts, content strategists and other subject matter experts to ensure the most accurate, up-to-date reporting across multiple channels.
- Work with Agency clients to setup and maintain robust reporting including marketing analytics tools and CRM integrations.
- Extract, analyze and manipulate large amounts of data from a variety of disparate data sources and systems.
- Use interpretive/analytical skills to translate numbers into actionable insights and trends using statistical methodologies.
- Perform segmentation analysis to create customer profiles and models for marketing campaigns from CRM files, transaction history and data appends.
- Optimize display and visualization of information for ease of consumption and communication of actionable metrics.
- Design, develop and maintain business intelligence reports, campaign performance scorecards and interpretive analysis.
- Build, optimize and maintain databases for reporting efforts including big data and SQL database formats.
- Build, optimize and maintain complex Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with database integrations and VBA macros.
- Oversee the quality assurance and delivery of reporting.
- Assist the Interactive team in other related duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical background with the ability to interpret results, troubleshoot problems, and find efficient solutions for timely and accurate reporting
- Ability to work and self-manage in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Strong detail orientation, execution and follow-up skills
- Promote and foster a positive environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Good communicator able to distill complex ideas with command of written and spoken English with accurate use of punctuation and grammar
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in business intelligence and reporting working with mass amounts of data
- Intermediate or expert experience with SQL including the ability to write complex SQL scripts, views and procedures
- Expert experience with VBA developing complex Microsoft Excel macros
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Power BI or other data visualization platforms
- Experience with marketing analytics and tag management platforms including Google Analytics (certification required), Google Tag Manager, Adobe Marketing Cloud and other ad server technologies
- Bachelors’ degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Marketing, Computer Science, or another related field