The Role: Publicist
Location: Phoenix, AZ
OBJECTIVE: The Publicist is an intermediate position on the Author Publicity Team. The chosen candidate will manage author campaigns and ensure all daily tasks and client communications run smoothly.
About the position
- Create strategic documents for author campaigns and manage author relationships
- Develop and distribute press releases, press kit materials, advisories, and pitches
- Conduct media relations and client research, including specific media lists
- Coordinate book review request copies
- Social media strategy, training, and support to authors
- Keep current on industry trends
- Maintain weekly reports for all assigned authors
- Research as needed
- Administrative tasks as needed
- You’re a college graduate with a bachelor's degree with a major preferably in public relations, communications or a related field
- You have two or more years of experience, preferably at an agency or with a consumer brand
- You’re team-oriented with a "getting things done" attitude
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for writing, including spelling, grammar, and structure skills
- You are multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills
- You have a passion for creative solution-finding and new ideas
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- You have demonstrated experience with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms.
- Experience with Cision and Wordpress is preferred.
- You are a good communicator—adept with listening, comfortable with phone and email communications.
If you see yourself in this description – we’d love to talk to you about joining our dedicated publicity team! We are growing and looking for the best talent to match our vision and needs.
Meet LAVIDGE, an employee-owned ad agency specializing in discovering and communicating insights which engage, motivate and inspire. From building brand awareness to driving revenue, from positioning thought leaders to enhancing perceptions, it's why we do what we do. Our unified marketing approach encompasses advertising, public relations, and digital marketing. And we've been doing it successfully since 1982 for clients in healthcare, real estate, education, technology, sports, personal care, food service and government. Intrigued? Visit us at LAVIDGE.com and get social with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.