The Role: Public Relations Senior Account Executive
Location: Phoenix, AZ
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of PR
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
- You have six-plus years professional public relations experience in a public relations, marketing or advertising organization.
- You have proven national, local and spot market media relations expertise and results, with an emphasis in the national media real.
- You exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation, organizational and time management skills; the ability to be diplomatic, articulate, persuasive, flexible, confident, competitive and creative; the ability to promote and develop teamwork and team values; and the ability to work under deadline pressures in a calm and professional manner.
- You have earned a four-year degree in marketing, journalism, mass communications or related areas of study. Your advanced degree or graduate level course work is a plus.
About the Job:
You will act as a key day-to-day liaison serving clients and executing agency public relations activities. You'll maintain excellent relations between the agency and the client. You'll help PR management in strategic client planning and oversight and will help guide junior team members as well. Most importantly, you will facilitate and maintain excellent media relationships on behalf of our clients locally and nationally, and secure consistent, high-quality coverage and placements. You'll develop social media campaigns and serve as an essential member of the assigned client account teams.
- Understanding clients’ businesses and strategies to achieve their business goals
- Demonstrating creative and out-of-the box thinking to find solutions for client needs/goals
- Pitching local, regional and national media
- Developing social media campaigns and content strategies
- Ensuring activity grids are updated and all account deadlines are met
- Helping to oversee client status meetings
- Managing client reports (results and metrics)
- Deploying crisis communication management when needed
- Assisting the managing director as requested with new business proposals
- Bringing issues/initiatives to the attention of the managing director
If you see yourself in this description—we’d love to talk to you about joining our team! We are growing and looking for the best talent to match our vision and needs.
Meet LAVIDGE, an employee-owned ad agency specializing in discovering and communicating insights which engage, motivate and inspire. From building brand awareness to driving revenue, from positioning thought leaders to enhancing perceptions, it's why we do what we do. Our unified marketing approach encompasses advertising, public relations, and digital marketing. And we've been doing it successfully since 1982 for clients in healthcare, real estate, education, technology, sports marketing, retail services, publishing, food service, and government. Intrigued? Visit us at LAVIDGE.com and get social with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.