The Role: Public Relations Account Supervisor
Location: Phoenix, AZ
- You have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- You have eight or more years of professional experience – with an agency, in corporate communications or with media (reporter/editor/producer)
- You have proven management skills
- You possess excellent writing and communications skills
- You are proficient in social media strategy and content development
- You meet deadlines
You're self-motivated, dependable and team-oriented
About the Job:
We are seeking a talented and experienced communications professional to join our team as a PR Supervisor at LAVIDGE. Our agency is working remotely during this time; we will be scheduling virtual interviews with qualified candidates.
As a senior member of the PR team, you will act as a strategic leader and client liaison overseeing account teams and executing public relations activities. You'll maintain excellent relations between the agency and the client. You'll participate in PR management and strategic client planning while guiding junior team members. Notably, you will facilitate and maintain excellent media relationships on behalf of our clients locally and nationally, and secure consistent, high-quality coverage and placements. You'll develop social media campaigns, work with your colleagues across the agency on integrated accounts and support new business pitching as needed.
Reports to: Managing Director of PR
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Eight-plus years professional public relations experience in a public relations, marketing or advertising organization
- Proven national, local and spot market media relations expertise and results, with an emphasis in the national media realm
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation, organizational and time management skills; Ability to be diplomatic, articulate, persuasive, flexible, confident, competitive and creative
- Ability to promote and develop teamwork and team values; Ability to work under deadline pressures in a calm and professional manner
- Four-year degree in marketing, journalism, mass communications or related areas of study. Advanced degree or graduate level course work a plus
- Understand clients’ businesses and strategies to achieve their business goals
- Demonstrate creative and out-of-the box thinking to find solutions for client needs/goals
- Pitch local, regional and national media
- Develop social media campaigns and content strategies
- Ensure activity grids are updated and all account deadlines are met
- Oversee client status meetings
- Manage client reports (results and metrics)
- Deploy crisis communication management when needed
- Assist the managing director as requested with new business proposals
- Bring issues/initiatives to the attention of the associate director and/or managing director
If you see yourself in this description – we’d love to talk to you about joining our team! We are growing and looking for the best talent to match our vision and needs.
Meet LAVIDGE, an employee-owned ad agency specializing in discovering and communicating insights which engage, motivate and inspire. From building brand awareness to driving revenue, from positioning thought leaders to enhancing perceptions, it's why we do what we do. Our unified marketing approach encompasses advertising, public relations, and digital marketing. And we've been doing it successfully since 1982 for clients in healthcare, real estate, education, hospitality, technology, sports marketing, retail services, food service, and government. Intrigued? Visit us at LAVIDGE.com and get social with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Special Note: Please send all resumes to Anne Robertson at [email protected].