The Role: Public Relations Account Executive
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What’s the opportunity?
The PR Account Executive acts as a key day-to-day liaison managing client/agency public relations activities while maintaining excellent relations between agency and client. The successful candidate will serve as part of an assigned account team that develops and executes strategies and tactics based on client goals.
Are you skilled at writing, planning and pitching stories to local and national media? Do you have experience creating social media content and campaigns along with event coordination and promotion, both in-person and virtual? If you are adept with client accountability and reporting, and consider yourself a problem-solver who thinks outside the box, you might be our next Public Relations Account Executive!
Who should consider applying?
Anyone who has the educational and professional background needed to succeed in this role—backed up by a strong portfolio with a proven track record of managing successful PR campaigns.
We’re proud to be an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team. We encourage applicants from every background to apply.
Some details you’re probably wondering
Essential Functions & Job Duties
What You’ll Do (partial list)
In this capacity, as a full-time exempt employee, the PR Account Executive reports to the Associate Director of Public Relations and will:
- Know the PR accounts – understand our clients’ businesses and our scope of work to achieve client performance goals
- Provide support for directors and supervisors on each assigned account
- Be a key member of assigned account teams
- Fully support directors and supervisors in account management and driving strong results for clients
- Manage activity timelines and activity matrix, and ensure deadlines are met
- Attend planning meetings and coordinate client status calls
- Write content, releases and story pitches
- Perform Results-driven media relations and outreach
- Develop social media content and execute campaigns
- Coordinate events in-person and virtually, and offer support as needed
- Provide regular and direct contact with clients
- Perform client reporting and accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- 2-4 or more years of professional experience – with an agency, internal communications or as a media reporter
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in earned and owned media, self-motivated, dependable and team-oriented
Finally, here’s some cool things about LAVIDGE
- LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies.
- We’re the only employee-owned ad/PR agency in Arizona. That means that when the company wins, we all win.
- LAVIDGE has been named one of Arizona’s “Best Places to Work” (x8).
- Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge.
- We’re invested in our community. The LAVIDGE IMPACT program takes our team into the community, through our employee volunteer events that support the efforts of organizations helping Arizonans and strengthening communities.
- We’re invested in you and your professional growth. We’ll help you learn and grow so you’re ready for whatever comes next, with LAVIDGE or elsewhere.
- Bottom line: we do great work and we’re fun. We’re also evolving and growing, and that’s where you come in.
- Learn more about LAVIDGE here.
Interested in applying?
Tell us your story and what you can bring to the team by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].