The Role: Public Relations Account Coordinator
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What’s the opportunity?
A chance to work with a talented, fun, and community-minded team. We value culture, people and doing standout work. It’s no coincidence that LAVIDGE has been named Arizona’s Top Full-Service Advertising Agency and one of the state’s Best Places to Work.
While we work hard, life-work balance is valued, so we combine the convenience of remote work with a fun and comfortable Phoenix office in the Biltmore area. That means you can work at home, the office (or wherever), but will be available to attend planned and impromptu agency or client meetings in person when needed or when we want to collaborate.
We're seeking a Public Relations Account Coordinator to support all PR client teams, working on multiple accounts and ensuring smooth running of all daily tasks.
Who should consider applying?
Anyone who has the educational or professional background needed to succeed in this role—including a proven track record of assisting PR executives in developing successful campaigns.
Some details you’re probably wondering
In this capacity, as a full-time exempt employee, the PR Account Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Public Relations to:
- Gather and assemble background information and analyses as needed
- Develop month-end and press clip reports for all assigned accounts, to ensure we meet client standards
- Make sure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of Account Executives to potential problems before they occur
- Assist in the development of press releases, press kit materials, advisories, pitches and social media
- Maintain and update media lists regularly
- Assist in coordinating and implementing press conferences, media and special events
- Assist in coordinating and executing social media campaigns and promotions
- Assist with media relations and client research
- Oversee the Interns
- All other duties assigned
Qualifications that will make you stand out
- Curiosity, humor and kindness are all qualities we look for in teammates
- Passion for the craft of public relations
- Strong writing skills and working knowledge of AP style
- Critical thinking (analytical, creative), and verbal/written communication skills
- Self-starter who isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Professional attitude and openness to constructive feedback
- PR internships at an agency or with consumer brand preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred (no degree required with 5+ years’ experience)
- Demonstrated aptitude for spelling, grammar and structure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office™ tools, especially PowerPoint™ slide decks, Excel™ spreadsheets and Word™
- Demonstrated digital experience with X™ (formerly known as Twitter™), Facebook™, and LinkedIn™ social media platforms, as well as related platforms and tools.
Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love LAVIDGE:
When you join our team, you can expect solid work-life balance and fulfilling career potential in one of Phoenix's most recognized and well-respected agencies. We’re proud to be an inclusive company that celebrates diversity, and we appreciate the value it adds to our agency.
- Remote-first work environment with flexibility
- Beautiful office for collaboration with colleagues and clients
- LAVIDGE has been named Arizona’s Top Advertising Agency and one of the state’s Best Places to Work
- Competitive pay with opportunities for growth
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) with automatic enrollment
- 401(k) Plan with 100% vested annual Safe Harbor contribution
- Eight paid federal holidays
- Generous and flexible PTO with 15 PTO days immediately upon start date (number of PTO days increase with tenure).
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas and New Year’s Day—in addition to regular Paid-Time-Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Paid medical insurance premium for employees; additional family coverage available
- Dental, vision, and a discount healthcare pet plan offered for an incremental cost
- Employee wellness plan
- Employee mental health resources
- Employer-paid life insurance with the option to purchase short- and long-term disability plans
- We’re invested in our community; employees are encouraged to volunteer through LAVIDGE IMPACT
- Office supply gift cards
- Fun and team-building events
- LAVIDGE invests in employee professional development
- Monthly GrubHub™ meal allowance
- Free underground parking
- We’re an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team
- The LAVY Awards recognize and reward excellence
More about LAVIDGE
LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies. Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge.
Interested in applying?
Tell us your story and what you can bring to the team by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].