The Role: Public Relations Account Coordinator
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What’s the opportunity?
Are you organized, a leader among your peers and skilled at pitching and delivering creative and effective public relations campaigns? Are you at home, whether hosting press conferences or digging into client and industry research? You may be our next Public Relations Account Coordinator!
The PR Account Coordinator supports all PR client teams, working on multiple accounts and ensuring smooth running of all daily tasks.
Who should consider applying?
Anyone who has the educational and professional background needed to succeed in this role—backed up by a strong portfolio with a proven track record of successful campaigns.
We’re proud to be an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team. We encourage applicants from every background to apply.
Some details you’re probably wondering
Essential Functions & Job Duties
What You’ll Do
In this capacity, as a full-time exempt employee, the PR Account Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Public Relations to:
- Gather and assemble background information and analyses as needed
- Develop month-end and press clip reports for all assigned accounts, to ensure we meet client standards
- Make sure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of Account Executives to potential problems before they occur
- Assist in the development of press releases, press kit materials, advisories, pitches and social media
- Maintain and update media lists regularly
- Assist in coordinating and implementing press conferences, media and special events
- Assist in coordinating and executing social media campaigns and promotions
- Assist with media relations and client research
- Oversee the Interns
- All other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Major in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience
- Internships at agency or with consumer brand preferred
- Problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented, proactive attitude
- Demonstrated aptitude for spelling, grammar and structure
- Multi-task oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinking (analytical, creative), and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/deadlines
- Self-motivated with commitment to detail, client relations and exceptional service standards in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office™ tools, especially PowerPoint™ slide decks, Excel™ spreadsheets and Word™ word processing.
- Demonstrated digital experience with Twitter™, Facebook™, and LinkedIn™ social media platforms, as well as related platforms and tools.
Finally, here’s some cool things about LAVIDGE
- LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies.
- We’re the only employee-owned ad/PR agency in Arizona. That means that when the company wins, we all win.
- LAVIDGE has been named one of Arizona’s “Best Places to Work” (x8).
- Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge.
- We’re invested in our community. The LAVIDGE IMPACT program takes our team into the community, through our employee volunteer events that support the efforts of organizations helping Arizonans and strengthening communities.
- We’re invested in you and your professional growth. We’ll help you learn and grow so you’re ready for whatever comes next, with LAVIDGE or elsewhere.
- Bottom line: we do great work and we’re fun. We’re also evolving and growing, and that’s where you come in.
- Learn more about LAVIDGE here.
Interested in applying?
Tell us your story and what you can bring to the team by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].