The Role: Public Relations Account Coordinator
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What’s the opportunity?
A chance to work with a talented, fun, and community-minded team that's focused on pushing boundaries and achieving results. When you join the LAVIDGE team, you can expect solid work-life balance and fulfilling career potential in one of Phoenix's most historic and well-respected ad agencies. To us it's about culture, people, and doing standout work. It’s no coincidence that LAVIDGE has been named Arizona’s Top Advertising agency and one of the state’s Best Places to Work.
We are seeking a Public Relations Account Coordinator to support all PR client teams, work on multiple accounts and ensure smooth running of all daily tasks.
On a typical day, all you need is a positive, ready-to-work attitude and an internet connection--whether you are using one of our plug-and-play docking stations in our newly remodeled office located at the heart of the Biltmore area or logging in from your cozy workspace at home. When onsite, enjoy free coffee or hot tea with a colleague. Collaborate with teammates in a meeting room or feel inspired by working from our comfy lounge or score a semi-private workspace where you can focus without outside distractions.
Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love LAVIDGE:
- Remote-first work environment with flexibility
- Beautiful office for collaboration with colleagues and clients
- Competitive pay with opportunities for growth
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) with automatic enrollment
- 401(k) Plan with 100% vested annual Safe Harbor contribution
- Eight paid federal holidays
- Generous and flexible PTO with 15 PTO days immediately upon start date (number of PTO days increase with tenure).
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas and New Year’s Day—in addition to regular Paid-Time-Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Paid medical insurance premium for employees; family coverage available
- Dental, vision, and a discount healthcare pet plan offered for an incremental cost
- Employee wellness plan
- Employee mental health resources
- Employer-paid life insurance with the option to purchase short- and long-term disability plans
- We’re invested in our community; employees are encouraged to volunteer through LAVIDGE IMPACT
- Office supply gift cards
- Fun and team-building events
- LAVIDGE invests in employee professional development
- Monthly GrubHub allowance
- Free underground parking
- We’re an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team
- The LAVY Awards recognize and reward excellence
Who should consider applying?
Anyone who has the educational and professional background needed to succeed in this role—backed up by a strong portfolio with a proven track record of successful campaigns. We encourage applicants from every background to apply.
Some details you’re probably wondering
In this capacity, as a full-time exempt employee, the PR Account Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Public Relations to:
- Gather and assemble background information and analyses as needed
- Develop month-end and press clip reports for all assigned accounts, to ensure we meet client standards
- Make sure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of Account Executives to potential problems before they occur
- Assist in the development of press releases, press kit materials, advisories, pitches and social media
- Maintain and update media lists regularly
- Assist in coordinating and implementing press conferences, media and special events
- Assist in coordinating and executing social media campaigns and promotions
- Assist with media relations and client research
- Oversee the Interns
- All other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Major in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Internships at agency or with consumer brand preferred
- Problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented, proactive attitude
- Demonstrated aptitude for spelling, grammar and structure
- Multi-task oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinking (analytical, creative), and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/deadlines
- Self-motivated with commitment to detail, client relations and exceptional service standards in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office™ tools, especially PowerPoint™ slide decks, Excel™ spreadsheets and Word™ word processing.
- Demonstrated digital experience with Twitter™, Facebook™, and LinkedIn™ social media platforms, as well as related platforms and tools.
More about LAVIDGE
LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies. Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge. See for yourself.
Interested in applying?
Tell us your story and what you can bring to the team by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].