The Role:Front-End Web Developer
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What’s the opportunity?
As a Front-End Web Developer at LAVIDGE, you will implement and deliver custom websites, web applications, and interactive campaigns across web, social and mobile as needed for agency clients. You will work on the technology team and interact daily with the other developers, our digital strategists and art directors.
Who should consider applying?
Anyone who has a strong background in front-end development and a stellar portfolio of websites, emails, templates and more to back it up.
We’re proud to be an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team. We encourage applicants from every background to apply.
SOME DETAILS YOU’RE PROBABLY WONDERING
Essential Functions & Job Duties
In this capacity, as a full-time exempt employee, the Front-End Web Developer reports to the Technology Services Director to:
- Build interactive campaign assets and Web sites using HTML5, CSS, React, Bootstrap, Node, JS, Vue, Angular.
- Setup and develop CMS-based websites, using WordPress or Umbraco or other CMS platforms.
- Develop custom HTML email templates and integrate them into Salesforce, Pardot, Symphonie, SendGrid and other email platforms.
- Review and prepare email tests in Email on Acid for QA.
- Provide CMS and email platform training for staff and clients.
- Work closely with art directors to execute their creative direction with technological solutions.
- Provide timely updates and feedback to Digital Strategists and Technology Services Director.
- Deliver cross-device, cross-channel interactive campaigns through a variety of platforms and marketing automation systems.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance websites, web applications and related components using best practices in development, security, and user experience.
- Build responsive websites using the WordPress or Umbraco content management systems, or other systems like Drupal as requested by clients, to enable end-users to author and edit content.
- Work closely with back-end developers to integrate front-end code into a CMS.
- Support and troubleshoot bugs/errors and provide timely resolution.
- Build and enhance email newsletters, marketing emails, and other email communications. Develop emails compatible with widely used email clients using responsive, mobile-first coding practices.
- Create and setup automated email marketing campaigns and schedule emails for delivery.
- Work with and educate art directors to determine feasibility of reproducing designs using compliant front-end development standards.
- Integrate with Web-based APIs and systems using REST, JSON, Web Services, XML, and other technologies.
- Ensure cross-browser, cross-device compatibility through testing and quality assurance.
- Assist the Technology team in other related duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of front-end development experience
- Skills developing responsive layouts with HTML5, CSS, JS, Bootstrap, React, Node, Angular
- Solid knowledge of web/email development technologies and tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment with flexibility for changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, relationships, and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working with responsive and dynamic frameworks.
- Strong experience developing websites in a CMS such as WordPress or Umbraco (or other CMS experience).
- Working knowledge or experience with .NET, C#, Razor, Cloudflare, Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with email platforms is also a plus: Salesforce, Pardot, SendGrid, Symphonie, or similar.
- Working knowledge of image and layout authoring tools to crop, resize and make minor adjustment to images: Photoshop, Adobe XD, etc.
- Strong execution and follow-up skills. Proactive communication.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Willing and able to dig into an issue to resolve it.
- Must recognize and adjust to change with considerable variety in the work.
- Promote and foster a positive environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for technology and ongoing learning, growth, and innovation. Hunger to learn and stay on top of the latest development technologies and paradigms.
FINALLY, HERE’S SOME COOL THINGS ABOUT LAVIDGE
- LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies.
- We’re the only employee-owned agency in Arizona. That means that when the company wins, we all win.
- LAVIDGE has been named one of Arizona’s “Best Places to Work” (x8).
- Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge.
- We’re invested in our community. The LAVIDGE IMPACT program takes our team into the community, through our employee volunteer events that support the efforts of organizations helping Arizonans and strengthening communities.
- We’re invested in you and your professional growth. We’ll help you learn and grow so you’re ready for whatever comes next, with LAVIDGE or elsewhere.
- Bottom line: we do great work and we’re fun. We’re also evolving and growing, and that’s where you come in.
- Learn more about LAVIDGE here.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Tell us your story and what you can bring to the team by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].