The Role: Digital Strategist
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What's the opportunity?
Work for a Best Places to Work company with competitive benefits including an ESOP, a 401(k), week-long paid winter break for the entire agency, flexible PTO, great healthcare, a verified cool workplace culture, and more.
We’re looking for someone with digital fluency; driven by change, always learning, researching, and trying out the latest and greatest gadgets and platforms. Do you love seeing what works and optimizing for performance? Do you see the big picture and want to connect digital tactics into a cohesive strategy—from search to social, email to content, and websites to apps? Then you might be our next digital strategist.
Who should consider applying?
Anyone who has a strong background of developing and executing digital strategy for clients across all disciplines. This includes advertising campaigns, digital media, websites, marketing automation, social media, content strategy, analytics, search, apps, e-commerce, and interactive experiences. Also, experience in overseeing and managing digital projects, maintaining project plans and schedules on time and on budget without sacrificing quality.
We’re proud to be an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team. We encourage applicants from every background to apply.
Some details you’re probably wondering
Essential Functions & Job Duties
- Provide relevant, innovative digital strategy for clients to meet and exceed their integrated advertising, marketing, and communications goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the workflow of digital projects from start to final delivery.
- Communicate with clients to set and manage expectations.
- Identify clear digital marketing KPI’s and develop insight-driven briefs.
- Create detailed project plans, estimates, and budgets.
- Work with team members to ensure a clear vision of project outcomes.
- Steward client budgets and monthly billings.
- Measure and report campaign success and profitability.
- Manage multiple clients and multiple projects.
- Stay current on digital trends and best practices to educate clients and internal teams.
What You’ll Do
- Lead digital campaigns with ongoing optimization of performance.
- Lead website projects using iterative, agile processes from small websites with content management systems to large sites with experience on management platforms.
- Create and optimize complex marketing automation workflows.
- Develop content strategy to generate engagement through quality content.
- Perform data analysis and visualization merging multiple sources of data to deliver insights to improve performance of digital marketing efforts.
- Conduct research to inform recommendations for new digital programs and optimization of existing campaigns.
- Achieve and maintain top rankings in search engine results pages.
- Develop, execute, present and maintain scopes of work, project plans, and schedules.
- Start, update and maintain project schedules using agency billing and project management systems including Workamajig and JIRA.
- Grow the client-agency relationship with additional services that meet client goals.
- Ensure financial management of accounts meet agency standards.
- Assist the agency in other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time working with cross-functional teams and multiple contacts.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work and self-manage in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Strong detail orientation, execution, and follow-up skills.
- Promote and foster a positive environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Good communicator, able to distill complex ideas with command of written and spoken English with accurate use of punctuation and grammar.
- Five years of experience managing results-driven digital campaigns, ideally with agency experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in marketing, technology, business or communications preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with digital technologies and tools including, tag management systems, analytics tools including Google Analytics, marketing automation tools and social media platforms.
This role reports to the Chief Innovation Officer.
Finally, here’s some cool things about LAVIDGE
- LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies.
- We’re the only employee-owned agency in Arizona. That means that when the company wins, we all win.
- LAVIDGE has been named one of Arizona’s “Best Places to Work” (x8).
- BestCompaniesAZ's 20th Anniversary List published in 2022 recognizes LAVIDGE for our cool workplace culture.
- Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge.
- We’re invested in our community. The LAVIDGE IMPACT program takes our team into the community, through our employee volunteer events that support the efforts of organizations helping Arizonans and strengthening communities.
- We’re invested in you and your professional growth. We’ll help you learn and grow so you’re ready for whatever comes next, with LAVIDGE or elsewhere.
- Bottom line: we do great work and we’re fun. We’re also evolving and growing, and that’s where you come in.
- Learn more about LAVIDGE here.
Interested in applying?
Tell us your story and what you can bring to the team by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].