The Role: Client Service Director
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Are you goal oriented and a self-starter who loves developing marketing plans and achieving measurable results for clients? Are you innately curious and always trying to uncover insights behind the facts and figures? Do you get energized by exposure to multiple industries and challenges? Do you get a deep sense of satisfaction helping clients and mentoring teams? Then you might be our Client Service Director.
About the Job
We are looking for a Client Service Director to provide proactive leadership guiding the agency’s account service team as they discover insights, provide strategy, build strong client relationships, expand services provided, execute projects and deliver the highest quality work while leading accounts directly as needed. In this role, you would be responsible for account growth and profitability along with the development of the account team.
REPORTS TO: Chief Innovation Officer
SUPERVISES: Acccount Executives
FLA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
- You are a self starter, highly organized, and ability to manage multiple projects at one time working with cross-functional teams and multiple contacts.
- You are polished in presentation and interpersonal relationships
- You possess top-level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- You display strong leadership and consensus building abilities; and have exprerience in marketing management and strategic planning.
- You have the ability to work and self manage in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- You demonstrate strong detail orientation, execution, and follow-up skills.
- You promote and foster a positive environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- You are a good communicator and are able to distill complex ideas with the command of written and spoken English, including accurate use of punctuation and grammar.
- Bachelors’ degree required. Concentration in marketing, business or communications preferred.
- At least 10 years of ad agency or digital agency experience managing account service teams, 12-18 years agency experience preferred.
- Experience with leading both digital and traditional marketing efforts a plus.
- Experience with B2B accounts a plus.
- Manages the account service team
- Ensures client relations are positive and stable
- Lead accounts directly as needed with the support of the account team
- Position subject matter experts including media planners and buyers, digital strategists and public relations account executives to provide expanded services
- Work with the Chief Innovagtion Officer to profitably staff the account service team and control costs to achieve agency gross profit margin goals
- Works with the Chief Creative Officer, Chief Innovation Officer and Managing Director, Strategy, and account team to oversee the strategic direction of all accounts
- Support agency business development efforts
- Provide direction and supervision to account teams
- Meet with account managers on a regular basis to review their activities.
- Evaluate account manager performance on at least an annual basis.
- Guide account managers in career and skills development.
- Provide clients with clear access to senior management.
- Lead strategic plan development and recommends improvements.
- Review campaign conceptual directions to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus.
- Ensure client needs are properly and efficiently staffed.
- Review estimates, quotes, and unquoted invoices to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability maintained.
- Review major media plans and creative strategies before submission to clients.
- Contact and form relationships with senior client personnel.
- Seek out client growth opportunities and play a leading role in new business presentations.
- Monitor accounts receivable and credit-worthiness of accounts.
- Ensure that financial management of accounts meets agency standards.
- Approve expense disbursements from account managers.
- Lead in agency/client contract negotiations.
- Participate in Agency/Client Performance Plan reviews.
- Assist the agency in other related duties as assigned.
If you see yourself in this description—we’d love to talk to you about joining our team! We are growing and looking for the best talent to match our vision and needs.
LAVIDGE is an award-winning full-service marketing agency with an outstanding client list in the retail, healthcare, publishing, B2B, sports, technology, government and hospitality sectors. In other words, we get good at many things very quickly. Benefits include a dynamic corporate culture, friendly people and lots of fun. Not to mention competitive salary, health, dental, vision, 401(k) eligibility, paid vacation, flexible hours, and other great stuff.