The Role: Billing Specialist
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Billing Specialist is a vital part of our organization and will interact with customers both internally and externally at all levels and disciplines within the agency. This role is responsible for timely and accurate processing of all production and media billing for clients, AR and AP including approvals, tracking and collection procedures. We’re proud to be an inclusive company that celebrates diversity and appreciates the value it adds to our team. We encourage applicants from every background to apply.
REPORTS TO: Controller
SUPERVISES: No direct reports until growth supports additional staff
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
- This role is responsible for three primary activities: billing, accounts payable, and banking and credit.
- Additional expectations include:
- Ability to work well with other departments and ensure that accounting guidelines are followed, and deadlines are met
- Provide billing policy orientation for new staff
- Assist in period-end closing as assigned
- Meet departmental expectations/deadlines
- Perform departmental administrative tasks as needed
- Assist in annual year-end closing as assigned
- Process, approve and submit monthly media billing to internal media teams for review and approval
- Process, approve and submit monthly production billing to Account Managers for review and approval
- Prepare, send, monitor, and create excel reports as needed to include in billing
- Maintain current billing addresses & contact information for all clients
- Keep records of current billing rates for all clients consistent with agency contracts
- Resolve billing discrepancies as needed
- Manage AR Aging and monthly statements for all Clients
- Work with Accounting Clerk on tracking client payments and researching past due payments
- Manage intercompany billing and reconciliations
- Ensure advance billing policies and procedures are followed
- Manage database of freelancers including billing rates, W9 forms and contracts ensuring all internal policies are being followed
- Meet Quarterly with Digital Media team to review Media Details Report Reconciliation
- Serve as first point of contact for vendors with accounting questions
- Audit and process media vendor invoices, expense reports, and payment requests with attention to detail and understanding of the entire payables and expense budget process
- Ensure expense reports have proper approvals and are posted to the proper general ledger account
- Work closely with various internal teams in processing media vendor invoices
- Maintain W-9 and vendor payables files in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Work with Accounting Clerk to reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Work with Accounting Clerk to maintain accounts payable vendor files and supporting documentation
- Review weekly accounts payable aging for check run approval. Monitor accounts to ensure payments processed by the Accounting Clerk are current
Banking and credit:
- Maintain Remote Check Deposit System
- Upload client payments to main checking account
- Initiate wire and ACH vendor payments for approval by Controller
- Maintain office petty cash journal and reconciliation
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Accounting & Finance
- Reliable and organized individual with ability to pay close attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must be proactive and deadline-oriented
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness
- Team player willing to communicate issues and potential solutions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Ability to maintain highest levels of confidentiality
- Advertising Agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of Workamjig a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable
- 3+ years of experience in billing
- Proficient in Excel, and Word
- LAVIDGE was founded in 1982 and we’ve grown to be one of Arizona’s largest and most innovative digital, marketing and advertising agencies.
- We’re the only employee-owned agency in Arizona. That means that when the company wins, we all win.
- LAVIDGE has been named one of Arizona’s “Best Places to Work” (x8).
- Our mantra: Bring us your toughest. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and goals, no matter how big the challenge.
- We’re invested in our community. The LAVIDGE IMPACT program takes our team into the community, through our employee volunteer events that support the efforts of organizations helping Arizonans and strengthening communities.
- We’re invested in you and your professional growth. We’ll help you learn and grow so you’re ready for whatever comes next, with LAVIDGE or elsewhere.
- Bottom line: we do great work and we’re fun. We’re also evolving and growing, and that’s where you come in.
- Learn more about LAVIDGE here.
Meet LAVIDGE, an employee-owned ad agency specializing in discovering and communicating insights which engage, motivate and inspire. From building brand awareness to driving revenue, from positioning thought leaders to enhancing perceptions, it's why we do what we do. Our unified marketing approach encompasses advertising, public relations, and digital marketing. And we've been doing it successfully since 1982 for clients in healthcare, real estate, education, hospitality, technology, sports marketing, retail services, food service, and government. Intrigued? Visit us at LAVIDGE.com and get social with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.